Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Getting ready for THE PROTEST-first some background. . .

I guess you're all wondering if Sue and I made it back from being cooped up in the car for 6000 miles---we did--- the journey ended as it started--- COLD and snowing! But I will try and catch you up to that later!

On April 15, I traveled to NEW YORK CITY ALONE (well, it wasn't that far, after all, only a 30 minute train ride from my house), armed with magic markers, poster board, flags and money--

We were protesting in the infamous TEA PARTY-- about HIGH taxes, bailouts, stimulus bills, out of control Congress, and the clueless government in general. I had no idea what to expect, or where I was going-- I had an address-- the city hall park. $40 later, with train $$, and taxi $$, I was dropped off a few blocks from the area-- I could tell, because I saw a herd of people walking, so I jumped out, and joined them--- hoping they were going to the same thing as I was!!

I rounded the corner to the sidewalk in front of the park!!! HOLY!!! People, people everywhere! And here I thought I was the only one here in NEW YORK! It was truly truly inspiring to see how NEW YORKERS, of all people, were so outraged ( and this is BEFORE any talk of HEALTHCARE)-- we were told that over 12,500 people were there!!! NO RIOTS, NO RUDENESS, just mad as hell people holding signs--- there were kids there, foreigners, young people out of college, black, white, asian, ukrainian, english, you name it, they were there and they were MAD-- and of course not ONE peep out of the mainstream media-- not one PEEP.

No comments:

Post a Comment