Thursday, February 19, 2009

February 15-16, 2009--OKLAHOMA

Sunday, February 15, 2009-- We are in Oklahoma!-- We made it out of Texas without being jailed!!! Yippppeeee



Now that we're in Oklahoma, we start discussing tornadoes--- "Well", says I, "I think when you're in a house you're supposed to go and get in the bathtub in the bathroom"

"WHAT???" says Sue, "I don't think so, Where did you hear that?"

"Well, on Desperate Housewives, they were all holed up in the bathroom during the tornado", I said

"No, I think you're supposed to go to the center of the house, " she says

"OK, then if you're in a car what are you supposed to do?" I baited her.

"Well, you're supposed to OUTRUN them" she states--

"OUTRUN them??? how are you supposed to do that???" I asked

"Don't you watch the storm chasers??--- they're always outrunning the storms", she says

"they watch which way it's heading and then outrun it"

"You're CRAZY--- you can't outrun a storm---I think they change directions on a dime-- you're supposed to go in a ditch, " I yelped

"Well, YOU can go in the ditch, I'm gonna outrun it" she snorts

sooooooo, we call our resident Texan/TOUR GUIDE-- Karen-- and ask her

"Well, you are supposed to go in the bathroom if it's in the middle of the house", she muses~~

"Well, how about if you're in your car and see one coming--- then what?" , I ask

Hmmmm, I think you're supposed to go in a ditch", she says~~

We got to Erick, OK around 7 pm, and just as we were checking into our hotel, my cousin Sophia (SOAF--YA) calls me;

"I just called to tell y'all to be careful 'cause I just heard that all that space debris from those spaceships that crashed into each other is falling somewhere in Texas-and maybe Oklahoma--and I didn't want y'all to get hit by any of it, so be careful~~~"

Crap! what 's going on in this part of the country???? We've gotta keep our eyeballs out for ditches to roll into and dodge possible space debris-- and we thought we had troubles with the Texas Fuzz~~gasp~~

Now I'm starting to worry about those Tornado possibilities--- Sophia used to live in Oklahoma so I asked her what you were supposed to do if you were trapped in a car during a tornado--
she said, she wasn't sure but she thought you were supposed to get in a ditch~~
OK, then, I'm getting in the ditch-- Sue's on her own!
So then I asked Sophia if she'd ever been in a tornado
"Well," she pondered, "I think I was."

Now, I'm no mind reader, but I'm pretty sure if you'd been in a tornado YOU'D KNOW IT???

"HUH???" I asked--"How in the world could you NOT know if you'd been in a tornado?" I asked her incredulously

"Well, something was going on really big, but there was so much rain, so I didn't think I was in a tornado cause there was no rain in the one on the Wizard of Oz, " she babbled

That one cracked us up!! Then she told us NOT to go to the movies cause the theaters have no central support and it's the worst place to be in a tornado or when space debris falls--
Now , pay attention--- how stupid can we be to glean all our STORM/TORNADO info from TV??? and thank goodness for cell phones so we can get all the info we need at a moments notice--
Now what in the world did ya THINK we talk about in the car?
Now ya know!! :*)
Later~
Mar

1 comment:

  1. yes - mom and I drove through a bad tornado in wichita falls texas - thought there had been a really bad accident, we kept seeing all the emergency vehicles flying by...they probably had some notice about it on the radio (since this was way before the celluar time)but we HAD THE RADIO OFF BECAUSE WE COULD NEVER AGREE WHAT MUSIC TO LISTEN TO!

    ReplyDelete